Tasty Monthly Cherry Recipes
Every month we will showcase new seasonal recipes featuring Wisconsin cherries. You can also view an archive of our past recipes.
This month's recipes include Frozen Fruit Salad and Renee's Cherry Soup.
Frozen Fruit Salad
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream or 1 large container frozen whipped topping
- 4 cups fresh or frozen tart cherries, plus 1/2 cup sugar or 1 can pie filling or 1 recipe pie filling
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained, or equivalent of canned fruit cocktail, drained
Whip cream. Blend cream cheese and lemon juice (and sugar if using I.Q.F.). Blend whipped cream and cream cheese mixture. Add cherries, mandarin oranges and pineapple chunks. Pour into 9" x 4" loaf pan. Freeze overnight or until firm. Let stand 10 minutes before unmolding. Serve sliced.
Renee's Cherry Soup
- 4 cups tart cherries, fresh or frozen
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 to 3/4 cup sugar (sweeten to taste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cup flour
In 3 quart saucepan, bring to boil cherries, water, sugar and cinnamon. Add lemon juice and cook for 10 minutes.
Beat eggs and milk. Add salt and 1 cup of flour until smooth. Gradually add remaining flour. Drop dough by teaspoonful into boiling soup. Cook for 5 minutes more uncovered. Soup may be served warm or cold.